Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I'm Home

I have finally arrived home with my new family. Really we got back very late Saturday night. The car rides, outside and the exchange to my new family was nerve racking, but my new family is awesome. They have showered me with love and attention and our very understanding of my little puppy ways. I do have to say I have been really, really good with the housebreaking. Since my family has picked me up, I have had only two real accidents inside. That includes the hotel rooms we stand in and my new house. I was sad to see my old family go and the trip as a whole kind of messed with my stomach and has given me diarrhea the first few days. I went to my new doctor on Sunday and she said I was in good health. So maybe it was the over 900 mile drive, the switch to my new family and or the conversion to my new food. All and all I am super puppy happy and I can't wait to grow with my new family. I can now officially say I am Scooby McSpazz. Now a word from my silly new Daddy. He really likes to play with me.

Scooby is everything we could have asked for and more. When we finally arrived in Texas for the pick-up on Friday you could tell the exchange had Scooby nervous. He quickly adapted to us and did so well that first night in the hotel we stayed at. It was almost as if he was an adult dog already. The loose stools started late Friday evening and has continued through today even. The vet said Scooby checked out just fine and his stool was A OK. So we have slowed down on the conversion to his new food and added a little rice and ground beef to his diet. It has thickened up today, but looser than I think it should be. As far as fitting into the family, he has been learning his place within it. He is very playful with me and understands I am the Alpha male and treats all the girls like little princesses. He has been a little dominating over our youngest Happy. Since Happy is the smallest and closest in age with him, Scooby wants to give him some brotherly scuffling. He has done very well with his crate and loves to lay his head on pillows. So I went out and bought him his own today. He has been a minimal chewer, more of a puppy nipper. He would rather play and nip his family members than our belongings. Scooby plays well with his toys and is very alert on walks, always making sure our whole group is together. Next weekend will introduce him to some other dogs that reside in our family for some canine interaction. I apologize for no new pics I forgot to grab the camera out of my wife's purse to upload the ones we have taken. I'll have Scooby update them ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment